For the first time ever, I have decided to take part in the Biannual Bibliothon! I first heard about it from one of the hosts, emmmareads, earlier this year on YouTube when they announced the 2017 Summer BiBIB and I thought it sounded pretty fun! Winter 2018 seems to be the perfect time for me to do this challenge for the first time and I’m very excited to give it a go. There are reading, blog, bookstagram and YouTube challenges to complete over next week (20th – 26th January). I’ll leave all the links to where you can find info about the bibliothon and the challenges at the bottom of the page.
Here’s the reading challenges I’ll be attempting to complete and my TBR for next week!..
The Reading Challenges:
- Read the group book: OTHERWORLD by Jason Segel & Kirsten Miller
- Read a sequel
- Read a book you’ve never heard of before
- Read a book about mental illness
- Read a book that was mentioned in another book/movie/show etc.
- Read a book under 200 pages
- Read a backlist title (aka. published before 2017)
I’m not going to be able to complete the first challenge as I do not own the book / am not interested in buying or reading the book / don’t think I can read 5 books in 6 days.
- Prodigy by Marie Lu (a sequel and a backlist title)
- Giovanni’s Room by James Baldwin (a book I’d never heard of before and is under 200 pages)
- My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga (a book about mental illness)
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (mentioned in Gilmore Girls, my current Netflix show)
Some of these books I’ve been wanting to read for ages, so I’m super happy to finally have a really good excuse to get around to it!
The blog challenges are being released one day at a time this week, over on the BiBIB Instagram page. If you’ve also decided to take part, please let me know of send a link to your TBR and blog posts! Good luck everyone!
Winter Biannual Bibliothon 2018